The City of East St. Louis inspects building construction and land development projects including: grading, driveway and sidewalk construction, and landscaping. All new construction must be inspected by the City of East St. Louis before a Certificate of Occupancy can be obtained from Regulatory Affairs.
The following are REQUIRED INSPECTIONS for NEW BUILDINGS - ADDITIONS-RENOVATIONS-ALTERATIONS
Other inspections may be required depending on the scope of the project. Contact Regulatory Affairs if you have any questions.
- Footing Inspection - Bottom to trench - prior to the pouring of concrete.
- Foundation Inspection - prior to the placement of backfill.
- Slab Inspection - prior to the placement of concrete.
- Electrical Rough Wiring.
- Plumbing Rough Installation.
- Framing Inspection - AFTER passing Electrical, Plumbing roughs and BEFORE insulation.
- Insulation Inspection - prior to the installation of gypsum board.
- Final Electric
- Final Building, Electric, Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing Inspections.
- All site work, including grading and landscaping.
- All utility work on site.
- All off site utility work.
- Water and Sewer line installations and taps.
- Driveway and parking lots, including striping where applicable.
To request a city inspection, call (618) 482-6600.
Please allow 24 hours for inspection.
Your request MUST include: Permit #, Address, Name and Type of Inspection requested.
Call when work is done; do not anticipate!
If your inspection is not approved, do not call for a re-inspection until the problems are repaired and the work is ready for re-inspection.
If your inspection is not approved a second time for the same violation, you will receive a Violation Notice. Your next inspection will be 3 business days after your request.