Fire Department Resources
- Home Safety Council (safety): The Home Safety Council® (HSC) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing home related injuries that result in nearly 20,000 deaths and 21 million medical visits on average each year.
- Illinois Fire Chiefs (fire): The Illinois Fire Chiefs' Association is dedicated to promoting excellence in the fire service by providing a network of information sharing and opportunities to our diverse membership and associated partnerships through education, legislation and technical means.
- Illinois Firefighter's Association (fire)
- Illinois Fire Safety Alliance: The purpose of the Alliance is to bring together persons or groups with a common interest in fire safety, burn prevention, and public education, and to promote programs and disseminate information related to fire safety and burn prevention.
- Illinois Fire Service Institute (fire): The Illinois Fire Service Institute is the statutory fire academy for the State of Illinois. It is operated as a continuing education and public service activity by the University of Illinois.
- Illinois Safety Council (safety)
- International Association of Fire Chiefs (fire): The International Association of Fire Chiefs represents the leadership of over 1.2 million firefighters and emergency responders.
- International Association of Fire Fighters (fire)
- Knox-Box Rapid Entry System (fire): The KNOX-BOX® Rapid Entry System provides non-destructive emergency access to commercial and residential property.
- Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS): MABAS is a mutual aid organization that has been in existence since the late 1960s. Heavily rooted throughout northern Illinois, MABAS includes over 550 member fire departments organized within 46 divisions.
- National Fire Protection Association (fire): The mission of the international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896, is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.
- National Fire Safety Council (safety): NFSC works with fire departments throughout the United States. The Council’s fire safety educational programs of materials and services are provided to communities exclusively through local fire departments.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (fire)
- Ready America (safety)
- Risk Watch (safety): Risk Watch is the first comprehensive injury prevention program available for use in schools. Developed by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) with co-funding from the Home Safety Council™ and in collaboration with a panel of respected safety and injury prevention experts, Risk Watch gives children and their families the skills and knowledge they need to create safer homes and communities
- Safe Kids Worldwide (safety): Safe Kids Worldwide is the first and only international nonprofit organization dedicated solely to preventing unintentional childhood injury. It focuses on one specific problem: more children 1 to 14 die from accidents such as motor vehicle crashes, fires, drowning, poisoning and falls than any other cause.
- U.S. Fire Administration (fire): As an entity of the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency, the mission of the USFA is to foster a solid foundation in prevention, preparedness, and response by providing national leadership to local fire and emergency services.